Accommodation and Reservation Rules
BRISTOL GROUP s.r.o., IČ: 64833321, Sadová 19, Karlovy Vary
(hereinafter “Accommodation Provider”)
The 4-star spa hotels Bristol, Bristol Palace, Georgy House, Královská vila, Tereza and the 5-star spa hotel Livia are buildings designed to accommodate spa and hotel clients within the meaning of these Accommodation and Reservation Rules (hereinafter referred to as the “Hotel” or collectively as the “Hotels”). The Accommodation Provider is obliged to provide all services in these accommodation facilities in accordance with applicable legal regulations.
ACCOMMODATION PROVISION CONDITIONS
- Accommodation of the Clients in the Hotel is based on a confirmed reservation, on the basis of which the “Accommodation Provider” provides temporary accommodation for an agreed period of time and the Client undertakes to pay the Accommodation Provider for the accommodation and related services within the period set by these Accommodation and Reservation Rules.
- The Client shall always prove the entitlement to accommodation with a confirmed reservation (written, electronic) or a voucher issued either by the Accommodation Provider or its contractual partner.
- If the Client grossly violates their obligations arising from the Accommodation and Reservation Rules or otherwise grossly violates the good manners in the Hotel (hereinafter referred to as the “Misconduct”), the Accommodation Provider is entitled to cancel the confirmed reservation, even without a notice period, if the Client had been notified about their Misconduct by the Hotel staff in accordance with the provisions of Section 2331 of the Civil Code.
- The Client is obliged to place an order for accommodation with the Accommodation Provider in written form or to make a reservation by phone or in person, then confirm this with the Accommodation Provider in writing. A confirmed reservation according to the previous sentence means an order placed personally or through a reservation form sent by e-mail or post to the address of the Accommodation Provider given in the Accommodation Provider’s Contact Details in these Accommodation and Reservation Rules and confirmed by the Accommodation Provider to the Client including the quoted price for the ordered services. The confirmed reservation/voucher always contains the name of the Client, the number of accommodated persons, the number and type of room(s), the date of stay, the scope of provided services and the total cost of the stay.
- The accommodation and pre-ordered services must be paid no later than on the day of arrival, unless agreed otherwise in advance, in accordance with the price stated in the confirmed reservation/voucher. If the price has not been agreed in advance, the price will be charged according to the valid price list on the day of arrival before accepting the room for use. The bill is payable upon presentation.
- The binding confirmation of the reservation is due upon the cumulative fulfilment of two conditions, namely the delivery of a written confirmation of the reservation to the Client and the moment when the Accommodation Provider receives the sum representing the total price for the ordered and confirmed services from the Client.
RESERVATION CANCELLATION, AGREEMENT WITHDRAWAL
- The Client is entitled to cancel the reservation at any time prior to the day of arrival, even without giving any reason. The Client is obliged to deliver a written cancellation of the reservation. The Accommodation Provider is entitled to charge cancellation fees according to the valid price list.
- The Client is entitled to withdraw from the accommodation agreement before the end of the agreed period under the conditions stated in the price list.
The Accommodation Provider may cancel the confirmed reservation in the following cases:
- If the Client does not arrive before 7 pm on the day of the expected arrival and it is not agreed otherwise.
- If the Client behaves inappropriately under the influence of alcohol, narcotics or psychotropic drugs on arrival and therefore does not guarantee the observance of the Accommodation and Reservation Rules, the Accommodation Provider is not obliged to accommodate them in such condition.
- If, during the course of the stay, the Client repeatedly violates the Accommodation and Reservation Rules, behaves inappropriately under the influence of alcohol, narcotics or psychotropic drugs and therefore does not guarantee the observance of the Accommodation and Reservation Rules, the Accommodation Provider may in the demonstrable repetition of such situation, withdraw from the Accommodation Agreement.
- If the Client fails to pay the agreed price upon arrival at the latest.
ARRIVAL AT THE HOTEL, CHECK-IN
The Client is entitled to accommodation from 2 pm on the day of arrival. If the Client checks in before 2 pm, the following rules shall apply:
- 00:01 am – 07:00 am. – The Client pays for the previous night according to the valid price list;
- 07:01 am – 02:00 pm. – The Client pays for an early check-in according to the valid price list.
- The Client shall announce their arrival to the receptionist at the Hotel reception desk.
- The Client is obliged to respect the privacy of other Clients and approach the reception desk individually. The Accommodation Provider is entitled to accommodate only a Client who will be properly registered at the reception desk upon arrival and who signs the registration card. For this reason, the Client is obliged to present a valid identity document to the receptionist. Clients from visa requirement countries shall also present a valid visa. The Accommodation Provider does not provide an extension of visas in case of an extension of the stay and is not obliged to accommodate a Client without a valid visa or a valid identity document.
- The number of persons in the room must correspond to the number of persons registered for accommodation. The Client agrees to notify their exact number upon check-in.
- Unless agreed otherwise, the duration of the accommodation is agreed no later than at the time of the accommodation of the Client. The Accommodation Provider shall issue the Client with the Spa Card, which records the date of stay and the ordered services. The Client shall produce this card at the request of the staff during the stay. Any changes to the card will be made by the receptionist so that it is always clear to what services and at what time the Client is entitled. The period of accommodation can be extended only with the consent of the Accommodation Provider and must be supported by a record in the Spa Card. The Client receives a hotel “key” (card, chip, etc.) upon arrival and is obliged to prevent its loss, destruction, damage as well as access to third parties who do not have a confirmed reservation for the room. In case of a loss of the room “key”, the Client is obliged to report the loss immediately at the reception desk. If the Client fails to do so, the Hotel shall not be held responsible for the damage caused by the loss of the “key”.
- The Accommodation Provider shall provide the Client with the spaces designated for accommodation in a condition fit for proper use and guarantee the undisturbed exercise of their rights related to the stay. If the Client finds any deficiencies in the room upon arrival, they are obliged to report this fact at the reception desk. Any deficiencies found by the Client during their stay are required to be reported at the reception desk.
- The Accommodation Provider is entitled to inform the Client of a higher drawing of services, to require the Client to reimburse the services received even during their stay, also in the form of a deposit or to refuse to provide additional services during the stay.
- By signing the Registration Card, the Client confirms to the Accommodation Provider to become familiarized with the Accommodation and Reservation Rules, which are available in each room in the hotel folder and publicly accessible on the website www.bristolgroup.cz.
- The Client is entitled to accommodation from 2 pm on the day of arrival. If the Client checks in before 2 pm, the following rules shall apply:
DEPARTURE FROM THE HOTEL, CHECK-OUT
- The Client is required to vacate the room on the day of departure by 12 o’clock. If failing to do so, the Accommodation Provider is entitled to charge them for the next day or at least a part of it. If the Client is interested in staying in the room after 12 o’clock and the Accommodation Provider is able to allow it, the Client shall pay the amount for a late check-out according to the valid price list. If the Client asks for an extension of the stay, the Accommodation Provider may offer them a room other than the one in which the Client is currently staying in. They will be charged the price per stay according to the current price list.
- Before leaving the Hotel, the Client is obliged to arrange final formalities, i.e. to settle their hotel account according to the provided services and the valid price list.
- The Client is obliged to leave the room in the condition in which it was accepted and to report any change or damage at the reception desk immediately in their own interest. In addition, the Client is obliged to close the windows when leaving the room, close all taps, switch off electric appliances (except the mini-bar and the TV set-top box) and check that the safe is open. When leaving the room, the Client is obliged to close the front door to the room. The Accommodation Provider has the right to check the condition of the room prior to the Client’s departure from the Hotel.
- The Client shall wait at the reception desk until the receptionist checks with the authorized staff that the room is in order.
- The Client is obliged to hand over the items borrowed during the stay and the room card upon check-out.
GENERAL RULES OF ACCOMMODATION
- The Client has the right to use the accommodation space reserved for them as well as the common areas of the Hotel, in addition to the services connected with the accommodation. The Client does not have the right to enter the areas designated for Hotel staff.
- All hotel rooms of the Accommodation Provider meet the standards and legal regulations. The Accommodation Provider is entitled, for operational reasons, to move the Client to another room of the same or comparable category. If the Client requires a relocation to another room of the same category for other than operational reasons, the Accommodation Provider may, if it is possible, move them for a surcharge determined by a valid price list.
- The Client may not make any changes in the spaces designated for accommodation or common areas of the Hotel, especially to move the furniture from one area to another or to tamper with any electrical or other installation in said spaces. For safety reasons, the Client may also not use their own electrical appliances in the room except for personal hygiene electrical appliances and low-power appliances for personal use (chargers, laptops, etc.). Ironing in the room is prohibited, there is a special place reserved for ironing in each building.
- The Client may only receive visits in the room with the express consent of the Accommodation Provider. The visit may take place between 10 am and 10 pm and must always be reported at the reception desk.
- The Client is entitled to use the free wireless Internet connection via the BG Free Wi-Fi network throughout the Hotel. The Client is responsible for their behaviour on the Internet. A potential offence may result in prosecution by the competent authorities of the Czech Republic.
- The Client is obliged to provide permanent supervision to children under the age of 12 who are accommodated with the Client, both in the room and in the common areas of the Hotel.
- Pets (dogs and cats) may share the room with the Client provided that the owner demonstrates their harmless health by presenting a valid vaccination card and ensures that the animals do not bother other Clients and destroy the property of the Accommodation Provider. The pet stay fee is charged according to the valid price list. It is not allowed to keep pets unattended neither in the room nor in the common areas of the Hotel. Pets are not allowed into the restaurant areas except the outside seating. When walking the pets, the Client is responsible for cleaning any excrement.
- There is a minibar available for the Client in the room. The minibar contents are replenished daily by a maid. It is not allowed to move the contents of the minibar outside the minibar cabinet.
- All minibar contents are subject to a fee, the price list is available in the room. Consumed or missing minibar contents will be charged to the Client’s account.
- Bed linen is changed twice a week. If the Client is interested in more frequent change of linen, it is possible to order it for a fee according to the valid price list. Hotel Livia provides linen change daily given the five-star rating.
- Regular cleaning is done every day. Extra cleaning is done in addition to regular cleaning at the request of the Client for a fee according to the valid price list.
- The opening hours of the restaurants can be found in the Spa Card and on the notice boards in front of the restaurants. It is not allowed to enter a restaurant or a bar in a dressing gown or overgarment, to take food, drinks or dishes from the restaurant or bar and to bring one’s own food and drinks to the restaurant or bar. If the Client takes off an overgarment or handbag in the restaurant or bar and leaves them unattended, the Accommodation Provider shall not be liable for the items in case of theft.
- A 24/7 reception desk service is available for the Clients.
The Client can provide comments and suggestions for improving the Hotel’s activities:
The Client shall report serious complaints at the reception desk immediately. Complaints after the departure of the Client without a documented confirmation from the Accommodation Provider will not be accepted.
- during the stay at the reception desk;
- in the form of surveys.
The Client is obliged to:
- familiarize with and respect the Accommodation and Reservation Rules;
- pay the accommodation price according to the valid price list or the confirmed reservation/voucher;
- properly use the spaces for accommodation in order to prevent damage to both standard room furnishings, reproduction furniture, equipment, parquet floor, carpets, works of art, glass panels, etc., which are in the room for the convenience of the Client and in order to give the idea of the authentic atmosphere of the Hotel;
- use the hotel linen in such a way as to avoid its damage (tearing, burning, staining, etc.); the Accommodation Provider may request reimbursement for such damage;
- immediately report any damage that the Client or persons staying with the Client caused in the Hotel due to non-standard or careless behaviour at the reception desk;
- maintain order and cleanliness in all areas of the Hotel;
- observe quiet hours from 10 pm to 6 am;
- secure the windows and doors against unauthorized entry and to avoid damage during the stay every time when leaving the room;
- deposit money, identity documents and valuables in the safe in the Hotel room. The Client may ask the Accommodation Provider to take over their money, identity documents and valuables for safekeeping, unless these are dangerous or disproportionate for the accommodation facility with their value or scope. In such a case, the Accommodation Provider may require such items to be handed over in a closed or sealed box. The Accommodation Provider does not bear any liability for the money, identity documents and valuables freely placed in the room in case of their theft or loss. In the event of loss, the Client shall immediately contact the receptionist who, at the request of the Client, shall arrange for the police to be called;
- allow a maid in the Client’s hotel room for daily cleaning according to the availability of the Accommodation Provider for at least 10 minutes between 8 am and 3 pm as well as other authorized persons at any time in other justified cases (technical, health, hygiene, safety reasons, etc.).
- The Accommodation Provider recommends that Clients have health insurance throughout their stay.
- The Accommodation Provider shall arrange a first aid medical service or even a transportation to the hospital. The Client shall pay for the transportation and treatment at the hospital.
The following is prohibited in the spaces for accommodation:
- make changes (moving furniture, relocating equipment, etc.);
- take away any furnishings, equipment and hotel linen;
- let the spaces for accommodation be used by another person;
- wear a weapon, ammunition and explosives or otherwise store them in a condition allowing their immediate use;
- possess, produce or store narcotics and psychotropic drugs or poisons, unless it is a medicinal product the use of which was prescribed by a physician to the Client;
- use open fire or electrical appliances intended for direct open heating (hobs, immersion heaters, etc.);
- state the address of the building with spaces for accommodation as a place of business or residence.
- It is prohibited to smoke in the common, accommodation, restaurant, medical and therapeutic areas, i.e. in all indoor areas of the Hotel, which is subject to a penalty of 5,000 CZK.
RULES OF STAY FOR SPA CLIENTS
- The spa Client is obliged to adhere to a prescribed treatment regimen that must not be disturbed by excessive alcohol consumption or the use of narcotics and psychotropic drugs.
- In the event that the spa Client is late to the procedure by more than 5 minutes, unless the delay occurs due to the later provision of the previous procedure for reasons on the part of the Accommodation Provider, the procedure shall be forfeited without compensation or shortened according to the nature of the procedure.
- If the procedure is not cancelled at least 4 hours prior to its start at the Procedure Timing, it shall be forfeited without compensation.
- If the Client fails to come to the procedure, the procedure shall be forfeited without compensation.
- Changes to the procedures at your own request are charged according to the valid price list.
- Procedures for children under 12 years of age require adult company.
- The medical staff of the Accommodation Provider may not administer brought drugs (ampoules).
- The stay in the Hotel is only allowed to people who are not afflicted by infectious diseases.
- When personally administering one’s own drugs brought to the hotel by the Client through a syringe, using lancets, injection needles, test strips for a glucose meter, etc., then the Client is obliged to report the fact to a nurse who shall lend them a container for used medical consumables (needles, lancets, syringes, strips, plasters, bandages, etc.).
- The Client shall place the container in the room next to the waste bin in the bathroom and discard all used medical consumables in it. If filled, the Client shall replace the container in the nurse’s room or in the laboratory with a new one. Prior to departure, the Client shall hand over the container in the nurse’s room or the laboratory.
- If the Client fails to comply with the rules for the administration of their own drugs brought by the Client as described above, then they expose the Hotel staff to the risk of infection or injury. In the event of injury to a Hotel staff member, the Accommodation Provider may request the Client to pay the amount of all costs associated with the treatment of the Hotel staff member.
- If the Client administers any of their own drugs, they do so on their own responsibility.
RESPONSIBILITY OF THE ACCOMMODATION PROVIDER FOR THE BELONGINGS OF THE ACCOMMODATED PERSON
- If the Client leaves their belongings in the room after departure without prior arrangement of storage with a maid or receptionist, the Accommodation Provider has the right to remove the forgotten belongings of the Client from the room and store them in a safe place in order to prevent their damage. Upon the collection of the forgotten belongings, the Accommodation Provider is entitled to charge the Client a fee for their storage. Any costs associated with a dispatch are paid by the Client always in advance. If the forgotten belongings are not taken or requested within 3 months from the departure of the Client, the Accommodation Provider has the right not to further store these items. The responsibility for damage caused to the Client and damage to items that the Client has stored in the room or in the spaces for the storage of items for own use or to items that the Client hands over to a Hotel staff member for a specific purpose, lies with the Accommodation Provider according to the applicable regulations.
SAFETY AND LIABILITY OF THE CLIENT FOR THE DAMAGE CAUSED
- The Client is obliged to familiarize themselves with the safety rules and the evacuation plan in the event of a fire. This plan can be found in each Hotel room and is available at the reception desk.
- The Client shall behave in such a way as to avoid groundless harm to the freedom, life, health or property of another person.
- If the Client causes damage to the property of the Accommodation Provider, they are fully liable for it and obliged to pay the damage caused. The Accommodation Provider’s claim also includes damage that is discovered after the departure of the Client.
- Responsibility for any damage caused by children lies with their legal guardian, who is obliged to pay the damage caused.
- Responsibility for any damage caused by pets lies with their owner, who is obliged to pay the damage caused.
- The Accommodation Provider is entitled to invite the competent authorities of the Czech Republic, in particular the Police of the Czech Republic, in case of damage caused by the Client to the Accommodation Provider (e.g. damage to the property of the Accommodation Provider, theft of the property of the Accommodation Provider, etc.) according to the particular circumstances of the case. The Accommodation Provider may proceed similarly if the Client notifies the Accommodation Provider that the Client’s personal property was damaged in the Hotel, which they had in the Hotel during their stay, etc.
INFORMATION ON PERSONAL DATA HANDLING
- The Accommodation Provider processes personal data in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter referred to as the “GDPR”).
- The following categories of personal data are processed for the purpose of accommodation, provision of spa and medical services as well as for legal reasons: name, surname, address, national ID number, date of birth, native state, hometown, travel/identity document number, visa number, credit card number, based on the registration card completed and signed by the Client, as well as data related to the keeping of medical records, provided that the Accommodation Provider provides the Client with a treatment stay.
- Personal data will be handled by the Accommodation Provider in a manual and automated way directly through its authorized staff as well as through processors authorized by the Accommodation Provider on the basis of personal data processing contracts.
- The Client’s personal data may only be made available to the Accommodation Provider’s authorized staff. The Accommodation Provider may transfer selected personal data in the necessary extent to another processor for the provision of services to the Client (e.g. transportation partners, accountants, software and communication channels provider, lawyers, insurance companies, public authorities) in compliance with the GDPR principles.
Personal data will be processed by the Accommodation Provider solely for the purposes of performance of the contracts on the basis of the legitimate interest of protecting the legal rights and the control of the provided services, as well as the basis of performance of the legal obligations of the Accommodation Provider, for example:
The processing and storage of the Client’s personal data for any other than the above-mentioned purpose is performed by the Accommodation Provider only with the written consent of the Client. The Accommodation Provider records and stores personal data in the relevant contracts as well as in the document management and disposal rules for the time necessary to secure the rights and obligations resulting from both the contractual relationship in addition to the applicable legal regulations and for the time of granting the data subject’s consent to the processing of personal data. The Accommodation Provider may keep personal data needed to fulfil the legal regulations for 10 years from the date when the regulations could have been enforced for the first time. The data retention period for the Accommodation Provider begins on 1 January of the year following the year of the event.
- Act No. 89/2012 Coll., the Civil Code
- Act No. 634/1992 Coll., on Consumer Protection, as amended
- Act No. 235/2004 Coll., on Value Added Tax
- Act No. 563/1991 Coll., on Accounting
- Act No. 326/1999 Coll., on the Residence of Foreign Nationals in the Czech Republic
- Act No. 565/1990 Coll., on Local Fees
- Act No. 258/2000 Coll., on the Protection of Public Health
- Act No. 372/2011 Coll., on Healthcare Services
- Act No. 253/2008 Coll., on Selected Measures against Legitimisation of Proceeds of Crime and Financing of Terrorism
- The Client has the right to have access to, or correction or deletion of, the Client’s personal data processed by the Accommodation Provider or to limit the processing and the right to object to the processing, all in accordance and under the conditions set in the GDPR.
- The Client may also withdraw the consent to the processing of the personal data in writing by delivering this withdrawal of the consent to the Accommodation Provider in person, by e-mail or by post to the Accommodation Provider’s address given in the Accommodation Provider’s Contact Details in these Accommodation and Reservation Rules. On the basis of such withdrawal, the Accommodation Provider is obliged to delete the personal data of the Client in accordance with applicable legal regulations, provided the conditions for deletion are met.
- The Client is also entitled to obtain information (e.g. to what extent, for how long, for which purpose the personal data are processed by the Accommodation Provider) from the Accommodation Provider concerning the personal data that relate to the Client and which the Client provided to the Accommodation Provider. The Client may exercise the said rights at the registered office of the Accommodation Provider via a written application. The application is handled in writing and after a verification of the provided identification data so that no other person’s data could be accessed. The Accommodation Provider shall provide the data on the basis of the Client’s application within one month of receipt of the application in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or provide them to another clearly identified administrator at the request of the Client. This right does not apply to personal data that is not processed automatically. The deadline for processing the application may be extended by the Accommodation Provider by 2 months in justified cases.
- If the Client suspects that their personal data is being processed contrary to the GDPR or the law, they may contact the supervisory authority with a complaint, which is the Office for Personal Data Protection (www.uoou.cz) in case of the Czech Republic.
- The relationship between the Accommodation Provider and the Client is governed by the legal system of the Czech Republic.
- These “Accommodation and Reservation Rules” replace previously valid “House and Accommodation Rules”.
- These “Accommodation and Reservation Rules” take effect on 1 March 2019.